This service allows you to manage your mail server remotely using any standard web browser (such as Internet Explorer or Chrome). Remote Admin allows control over all the same areas as the normal application interface as well as providing access for viewing logs.
The URL to access Remote Admin will be in the form of http://yourhostorip:9000. To be able to access Remote Admin, you must set the 'Admin Login' User and Password in General settings. These will then be the only acceptable login details permitted when logging into Remote Admin. For more information, please view the General page.
Remote Admin #
- Enable Service - This controls whether the service is enabled.
- Ports - This controls which port the service will listen on.
- Max Connections - This controls the maximum number of simultaneous connections the service will allow. It is recommended that this value be no higher than 200.
- Idle Time-out - If a connection remains idle, this value will control the period of time before the connection is forcefully shutdown.
- Use Server Default - If selected, this will bind the ports to the IPs specified by the General settings.
- Bind to All Available IPs - If selected, this will bind the ports to all available IPs.
- Listen Only on IP(s) - If selected, this will bind the port to the IPs listed here. To set multiple IPs, simply separate each IP with a semi-colon (';'). Also, it is acceptable to specify a domain name instead of an IP.
- Use Explicit SSL - This option is not available for Remote Admin.
- Use Implicit SSL - This allows a secondary dedicated port for secure SSL connections to be opened. The implicit SSL port will also be affected by all the normal port bindings and limits.
- SSL Ports - This controls which port the SSL part of the service will listen on.
- Certificate - This option controls which SSL certificate will be used for SSL sessions. For more information on how to edit the SSL certificates, please view the SSL Certificates page.
- Enable Anti-Hammering - Enabling this option will protect the service against brute force password guessing attacks. If an IP performs too many login failures, that IP will be prevented from logging in again for a set period of time. For more information, please view the General page.
IP Restrictions #
- Enable Blocked IPs - If enabled, the IPs and IP ranges in the list box will be blocked from accessing the service.
- Enable Safe IPs - If enabled, the IPs and IP ranges in the list box will always be allowed access to the service. This protection overrules blocked IPs but does not overrule Anti-Hammering.